COVID-19 Update from AW Hainsworth
24th March 17.30pm
It is with regret that due to the changing situation surrounding COVID-19, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily close AW Hainsworth manufacturing from the end of the week in the interest of the safety of our colleagues, contractors and the greater community. We aim to dispatch as many orders as possible this week.
We aim to reopen on the 13th April. On our return, we will continue to protect those colleagues in the vulnerable category and therefore assess carefully the resourcing of the manufacturing team accordingly.
As you will appreciate, this is an ever evolving situation and we will do our best to keep you informed. Please continue to check our website for further updates.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and support at this time of uncertainty, this is very much appreciated.
17th March 16.30pm
We believe it is our primary duty to look after the health, safety and well-being of our colleagues, valued customers and supply partners.
Further to the recent guidelines for the handling of COVID-19 from the Government, we would like to communicate the measures we continue to take to manage our business through these uncertain times.
The following practices are in place:
- Anyone with the symptoms of a cough and high temperature, or in the same household as someone displaying these symptoms are asked to self-isolate for 14 days from immediate effect.
- Unnecessary travel limited/cancelled.
- Visitors/contractors coming to the mill are asked to confirm they have not visited any countries of risk, do not have the symptoms and have not been exposed to others showing the symptoms, prior to arriving at the mill.
- Our colleagues identified in the high risk category, have been issued with options such as home working or change of work stations, and the reduction of contact with others is being considered on an individual basis.
- Gatherings of large groups of colleagues and movement between departments restricted.
- Deep clean of communal eating areas and facilities.
- Colleagues able to work from home given the option to do so where practical.
- Cleaning routines in place in all departments and cleaning stations available at key entrances to the company.
- Strong fast speed IT connections throughout the business linking everyone remotely any time of the day.
These are unprecedented circumstance but we hope to manage our production accordingly. So far, production is continuing as normal. The Board review the situation on a day by day basis and any updates will continue to be communicated via our website.
We thank you for your continued support and our thoughts go out to everyone at this very difficult time.